Written by Administrator
Monday, 19 January 2009 03:52
Our areas of Information System & PC support include:
- Troubleshooting, Configuration, Upgrades, Installation and Maintenance of PC, routers, modems, cabling and switches. Mostly MS networks and workstations, we also have experience with legacy DOS, Novell, LANman, etc & limited SUN Solaris (unix)
- Installation, Configuration, Upgrades and Maintenance of
Operating Systems and Applications. Mostly MS networks and
workstations, we also have experience with legacy DOS, Novell, LANman,
etc & limited SUN Solaris (unix).
- Configuration Maintenance and Monitoring network and server.
- Data & Virus recovery and protection including general system stability and performance.
- Network printer
issues (Including purging print queues, printer driver installation on clients,managing user access, printer maintenance).
- Desktop & laptop software
issues (includes operating system issues with 2000, XP) (software
issues with Office, Outlook, mail configurations, import & export of
different formats, document recovery, software training & walk through,
maintenance, new software installation).
- Researching, developing and architecting new systems/solutions to support changing business requirements and infrastructure as technology changes including addressing capacity requirements for growth.
Documentation of installation and configuration procedures and system standards.
- Research &
Testing (including researching new software/hardware,
researching documented and undocumented problems and possible resolutions,
setting up testing station(s) on a test LAN if necessary
- Periodically auditing and updating
server software and configuration.
- Evaluation and written analysis of new hardware and software solutions.
- Clear and detailed documentation of configuration and processes.
- Working with IT in
synchronizing standards across the enterprise
- Documentation (includes
documenting daily tasks, installation and configuration procedures, problems,
- Website development, migration & maintenance.
- Migrating legacy applications
- Maintaining dBase, Foxpro and Clipper legacy DOS database applications
Please call ABS Computer Service at 310-372-3837 for more information
- Managing and installing VPN, remote acces, LogMeIn, etc.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 May 2010 00:34